Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4 weeks 4 days




I had my first appointment today. I got to meet my Nurse Practitioner, whom I liked, and she took our histories, gave us a ton of information, and answered any questions that we had. I also got to take yet another pregnancy test while I was there which brings my number up to seven positive tests. I may or may not have taken my last Dollar Tree this weekend for shits and giggles.

N was disappointed that I did not have a physical exam (I was not disappointed by this) because he wanted to make sure everything is all right. He is so over-the-moon ecstatic with this pregnancy, he is afraid something will go wrong. Don’t get me wrong, I have that fear too, but it is comforting to know that he would be just as heartbroken as I would be if something were to happen. ::knocks on wood::

I am really surprised that I have symptoms this early on. I always thought that they all came around six weeks but I must have had that confused with morning sickness, which I am gloriously lacking. Every time I eat it is always in the back of my mind that this snack or meal could be the last enjoyable one for the rest of the first trimester.

So far my biggest symptom is exhaustion. It comes and goes, but when it comes oh boy. I have never been a napper, I think it’s a waste of time and I would rather fight through any tiredness I may feel. Now however, you can find me at least once a day curled up on the couch or on the bed dozing. I get spurts of energy, one in the late morning, one after lunch, and another in the evening until bedtime. I try to get as much done as possible during these spurts because during the non-spurt times I am pretty much useless. I had grand plans of getting projects done around the house this summer but they may not happen.

Other than that I have the usual, tender breasts, incredible bloating (I’m already undoing my pants button, cute right?), and way fun gassiness. I will say the best part about being pregnant is my skin, I’m all glowy and my skin has not been this clear since I got off the pill. I’ll take this symptom any day.

We already have a nickname for our progeny and that is Our Little Stowaway or Our Little Souvenir, as he/she wasn’t there before we went on our trip but came back with us. We have also said that we will call this baby Our Little Dominican Baby in mixed company just to see what reactions we get. Yes we are strange. It is crazy, though, how I already feel a bond to this poppy seed sized Little S. I find myself putting my hand over my stomach, where I feel cramping and cheering him or her on. “Come on Little S! Keep on growing, we love you so much!” N also likes to rub and kiss my belly. (I couldn’t not have a little sappiness in this post) It still blows my mind that I am actually producing a person inside of me, and I feel so incredibly grateful to have this privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment